Your LinkedIn profile is not just something that you create and then forget about. It’s a valuable source for leads and relationships, and if you’re not mining it, then you’re losing out on a valuable resource. As your trusted Denver online marketing company, we want to help make the most out of yours. Here are a few tips and tricks to remember when creating a profile in order to attract the right type of clientele.
- Your profile shouldn’t be about you. This isn’t entirely true, but your profile should be representative of the type of clientele that you would like to attract. If your business is crowdfunding, then you need to attract entrepreneurs and inventors to your profile. Since our business is online marketing in Denver, we need to attract the brightest businesses around the Front Range.
- Optimize your profile using the appropriate keywords. Include the correct industry on your profile and use descriptive keywords in order to capture potential leads that are searching on LinkedIn. For example, we always mention online marketing in Denver, or tag a post with Denver online marketing.
- Be active on LinkedIn. This includes checking your profile regularly to see if anyone has messaged you or looked at your profile. If someone has viewed your profile, be sure to contact them to begin a conversation. On the flipside, you should be viewing profiles of your potential clients. When they see that you’ve viewed their profile, you might just get a response back. Even if this doesn’t turn into an immediate lead, you’ve now entered their sphere.
- Publish original content at least once per month, or post inspirational quotes or pieces of advice. Do this as often as possible so that you show up in the feed more often. The more face time you can get, the higher your chances of people looking at your profile and contacting you.
- Tell your visitors exactly how you can help them. You can do this by writing a catchy headline and explaining how your product or service works. Mention clients that you have helped in the past and what makes you stand out from your competition.
LinkedIn is often forgotten about, but it’s a tremendous service to utilize. If you’d like more ideas on how to squeeze every last drop from your LinkedIn profile, please don’t hesitate to contact your favorite online marketing company in Denver or visit the LinkedIn profile our Digital Jedi, Joe Caston as an example http://www.linkedin.com/in/joecaston.