The Explosion of Digital Touchpoints in 2017
In today’s marketplace, the way that customers find and interact with you remains a top priority – and, it’s also becoming a busier endeavor.While in the past, they might find you through traditional and digital marketing, that’s changing, and digital touchpoints are taking over.
We’ve been witnessing this explosion of digital touchpoints firsthand in 2017 with online marketing here in Denver.Whether you’re talking about search engines, social media, or customer reviews online, branding is more important for the core of your business and its success. This growth has been across the board, too, not just for businesses that have always occupied the digital landscape such as Amazon, Uber, or AirBnB.
What this means for you and other businesses is that you’ll need to pay attention to your content marketing, paid social and advertising to keep delivering a personalized message to your customers. Your branding and messaging needs to come across and be consistent everywhere it can, as you deliver your products as well as the mechanisms where customers may interact with you.
The New “Digital Everything”
In 2017, digital marketing has grown to include touchpoints such as wearables and natural language voice interfaces; for example, this includes Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home. These are the newest digital marketing tools to complement the web, mobile web, and mobile app interfaces. What this means for business owners is that you will need to consider how to include them as you digitize your products for these interfaces. Naturally, this means understanding your customers’ experiences and the channels they may use to find. Here are some tools to consider:
- Consider how to incorporate Skills for Amazon Alexa into your company branding and your customers’ experiences. The way Skills for Amazon Alexa works is users voice their requests, and the platform triggers a response. There are already more than 10,000 Skills available; these brands include Starbucks, Domino’s Pizza and Uber. (Just say, "Alexa, start 7-minute workout," and suprise, Alexa will take your candy ____ through a 7-minute workout!)
- Marketing analytics are also making their way to the realm of voice-controlled platforms. An example includes Datorama, which you can use with Alexa to find how your marketing campaigns are doing. All you need is to have an Amazon Echo or Dot speaker in your business, and then you can ask Alexa for your statistics. The tool finds the data for you and provides you with the answer.
- Chat bots represent another set of digital touchpoints on the horizon. These also allow users to pose questions, and the software provides answers. Chat bots are available in Facebook Messenger, for example. Others include GrowthBot (a free chat tool created by HubSpot CTO Dharmesh Shah).
To get started, we recommend you analyzing and mapping how your customers find you and interact with your business, and be ready to begin proactive processes.
- Try out these new technologies and new touchpoints for your business.
- Think of these as mechanisms for providing positive customer experiences.
If you have more questions about developing digital touchpoints and digital marketing in Denver, please don’t hesitate to contact us.